Do You or Someone You Love Need Dextromethorphan Treatment?
Developing a physical dependency to dextromethorphan is highly unlikely, but the chances to develop a psychological addiction are substantial. A DXM dependency starts to control the user’s life. Normal life is non-existent without the dextromethorphan being a part of it. It is in charge of the person. Someone high on DXM will exhibit certain signs and symptoms such as depression, difficulty speaking, psychosis, dilation of the pupils, and zombie-like walking. Realizing these signs can assist in determining that help from a dextromethorphan treatment center is needed. Prolonged abuse will result in speech impairment, brain damage, and irretrievable memory loss. Any age group, man or woman, socio-economic group and racial group can be affected by a DXM addiction.
The consequences of abusing dextromethorphan are severe. The requirement for support is enormous. The decision to quit a DXM addiction is difficult. It necessitates a sound resolve and commitment to take on the challenge. The support of loved ones, a licensed counselor, and a dextromethorphan addiction center are imperative in the recovery process.
If you are entangled in a DXM addiction, remember that help is available. Be strong and take the first step in recovery; admit you have a problem and need help. Now, ask for help from your loved ones, a trained counselor, a support group and a dextromethorphan detox center. This group of people will make up your treatment team. These are the people that will help you be victorious in beating the dextromethorphan addiction. If you know a person who is trapped in a DXM addiction, then gently reach out to them. Try to understand that the person you know is not in control. They are controlled by the dextromethorphan addiction. Help them find a DXM treatment facility. Professional assistance is what they need to heal.
Dextromethorphan Rehab Centers Directory
In order to help you or your loved one find help, Addiction Hope has thoroughly reviewed these dextromethorphan treatment programs and included them in this directory. This resource can help you navigate through the various DXM treatment center choices when considering the available dextromethorphan rehab options for this important decision. We understand the importance of working with an all-inclusive and accredited DXM addiction detox program to help in the road to recovery.
Treatment Plan for Dextromethorphan Addiction
Dextromethorphan addiction is available. Someone in need of help should search for professional assistance and reach out to friends and family. Accessible sources for help include a DXM treatment program, a support group and a therapist. A successful recovery will include all of these people.
- Loved Ones – Loved ones will almost be required to help beat the dextromethorphan addiction. They can play a key role in the DXM treatment process.
- Licensed Counselor – there are licensed counselors who can play a crucial role in getting through a dextromethorphan addiction. They will assist in creating an individualized DXM detoxification plan. Other resources that may be needed for healing can also be supplied by the counselor.
- Dextromethorphan Treatment Center – To defeat a DXM psychological addiction, it is important that a DXM addiction center be involved. The treatment center can assist in the healing of any physical and psychological damage that may have occurred.
- Support Group – A support group will assist the abuser to avoid relapsing into a dextromethorphan addiction. It is beneficial for people who are trying to stop an addiction to speak with other people that have already overcome a DXM addiction. They can help a recovering abuser steer clear of the traps of re-using.
Treatment Levels for Dextromethorphan Addiction
The skill and knowledge of a dextromethorphan rehab center is needed to completely treat an addiction, and proper detox typically requires inpatient treatment. Additional substance abuse, eating disorders or mood disorders will often co-occur with a DXM addiction. Partial hospitalization programs, residential treatment centers are the highest levels of care, often necessitated when co-occurring disorders are present. The treatment levels more commonly used include:
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) – Group and individual services are offered in a dextromethorphan intensive outpatient programs, and the assistance and reliance on detoxification is not required. The DXM user can somewhat carry on with some parts of their normal daily lives such as work, and then they can choose to participate in either a morning or evening program.
- Outpatient care – Outpatient programs are less strenuous than IOPs. Individual treatment and group sessions continue to be used, but fewer restrictions are required for individual movement.
- Support groups – Support groups consist of people who have already been through a DXM addiction program. They can assist in circumventing the pitfalls of relapsing and provide accountability and support.
Types of Therapy for Dextromethorphan Addiction Treatment
A psychological addiction will be developed when DXM is consistently abused, and there are no pharmacological supported treatments to aid in recovery. There are proven successful ways to overcome a dextromethorphan dependency, and it utilizes several modes of rehabilitation. A reputable DXM addiction rehab program will incorporate multiple parts of various behavioral therapies so all the psychological needs of the user can be met.
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – IPT concentrates on the interpersonal relations and social roles using a short-term supportive psychotherapy. IPT tries to help patients find better ways to handle and deal with existing issues or problems. There are four basic areas identified by IPT. They are unresolved grief, role disputes, role changes, and relationship shortcomings.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – DBT introduces mindful awareness and stress management components into the standard behavioral therapies like CBT.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is a treatment therapy that addresses maladaptive thinking patterns in order to affect the patient’s behavior in a more positive manner. It also helps the patient replace negative coping skills with positive coping skills.
- Supportive Programs – Programs like a 12 step program great success in helping overcome addictions. It also includes support groups, group therapy, family therapy, etc.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – ACT is a type of cognitive behavioral therapy that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies combined in various ways with commitment and behavior-change strategies, to increase mental and emotional flexibility.
The path to victory will be extremely difficult and at times overwhelming. However, help and healing from a dextromethorphan addiction is within reach. Dedication, sacrifice, energy, commitment and time are needed to succeed. Begin the journey now, speak to your loved ones, and find a DXM treatment center.
Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on April 1, 2014
Published on AddictionHope.com, Addiction Treatment Directory