Do You or Someone You Love Need Lexapro Treatment?
When someone abuses a drug, it is inevitable that an addiction will occur. The same is true in creating a Lexapro addiction. Lexapro (chemically known as escitalopram) is considered to be non-addictive, but continued abuse will lead to a Lexapro dependency. There are some harmful side effects that can be experienced as a result of Lexapro abuse. A person dealing with a Lexapro addiction will go through some withdrawal symptoms when they try to stop abusing the drug. In addition, there will be a psychological withdrawal effect as well. Multiple indicators can be evaluated when a person is abusing Lexapro. Some of the warning signs are electric shock sensations in the brain, sexual dysfunction, hallucinations, memory problems, dizziness, depression, violent thoughts, headaches, nausea, confused thinking, moodiness and insomnia. A Lexapro treatment center is often the solution to helping the person when these signs are noticed.
The decision to end a Lexapro addiction is a hard one to make because quitting an addiction requires a great deal of commitment and perseverance. Attempting to take on this challenge alone is unwise. This journey needs the support of loved ones. It also requires the expertise of a licensed therapist and a Lexapro rehabilitation program.
If you are thinking about ending a Lexapro addiction, then take a moment to reflect on how abusing escitalopram is controlling your life. See the devastation that is being wreaked on your relationships with friends and family. Your Lexapro addiction can destroy your career and ruin your financial stability. Take the initial step in overcoming and beating your Lexapro addiction. Acknowledge there is a problem and then ask for help. Reach out to your loved ones. They care about you and want to help. Seek a Lexapro rehab program, a psychologist, and a support group. These professional resources are vital to your recovery. You may know someone who is fighting a Lexapro addiction. If you do, then offer them you help and love. Help them understand that you care and want them to get well. Support them and assist them in finding a Lexapro treatment facility. Get them to understand how much pain has been created by their Lexapro abuse. Assure them that they can defeat the Lexapro addiction, and you will help them do it.
Lexapro Addiction Rehab Centers
Often, you or your loved one needs assistance in finding help. The Lexapro rehabilitation centers listed in this directory have been carefully evaluated by Addiction Hope. We understand the importance of working with an all-inclusive and accredited Lexapro addiction treatment center to help in the road to recovery.
Treatment Plan for Lexapro Addiction
A treatment plan has to be created in order to overcome a Lexapro addiction. This plan will require a treatment team, which should consist of a Lexapro treatment facility, a trained therapist, a support group and loved ones. This team will play the key roles in the recovery process.
- Get the support of loved ones – The role played by loved ones cannot be underestimated. They are important in providing support and help when things get tough.
- Find a professional psychologist – A licensed counselor can develop an individualized Lexapro detox program, and prepare the way to enter a Lexapro rehabilitation facility.
- Enter a Lexapro detox program – The professional services that are provided by a Lexapro treatment center are instrumental in the successfully beating a Lexapro addiction.
- Join a support group – A support group will be important in helping to maintain abstinence. The people involved in the group will provide accountability and advice so that a relapse can be prevented.
Treatment Levels for Lexapro Addiction
Many addictions will co-occur with other severe disorders such as mood disorders, eating disorders, or additional substance abuse. This is often the case with a Lexapro addiction. Dealing with the additional disorders makes it more difficult to overcome a Lexapro addiction. Multiple programs are available to help end an addiction. A Lexapro treatment center will offer partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs (IOP), inpatient programs and residential treatment centers can be provided, and this is usually more than what is required to defeat a Lexapro addiction unless other co-occurring disorders such depression or an eating disorder are also present. The treatment levels commonly used are:
- Outpatient care – IOPs are similar to outpatient programs but not as demanding. Fewer individual limits are imposed on the user, but group sessions and personal escitalopram treatment still used.
- Support groups – They play a considerable role in prevailing over a Lexapro addiction. The person receives support, relapse guidance and accountability in a room full of peers facing similar issues.
Types of Therapy for Lexapro Addiction Treatment
The types of treatment that are available to help treat a Lexapro addiction are numerous, but frequently, a Lexapro rehab program will implement a combination of behavior modification therapies. These therapies will deal with the psychological element of a Lexapro addiction. A few included treatments are:
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – IPT concentrates on the interpersonal relations and social roles using a short-term supportive psychotherapy. IPT tries to help patients find better ways to handle and deal with existing issues or problems. There are four basic areas identified by IPT. They are unresolved grief, role disputes, role changes, and relationship shortcomings.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – DBT introduces mindful awareness and stress management components into the standard behavioral therapies like CBT.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is a meth treatment program that deals with maladaptive thinking patterns in order to affect the patient’s behavior in a more encouraging manner. It also helps the patient replace negative coping skills with positive coping skills.
- Supportive Programs – Programs like a 12 step program show great success in helping overcome addictions. It also includes support groups, group therapy, family therapy, etc.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – ACT is a type of cognitive behavioral therapy that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies combined in various ways with commitment and behavior-change strategies, to increase mental and emotional flexibility.
The dedication, sacrifice, energy, and time required to beat a Lexapro addiction is immense. The path is hard and fraught with difficulties. Don’t be afraid to get help from family and friends. Make the first step, which is admitting there is a problem. Then seek professional guidance and a Lexapro treatment center to help with recovery because they are there to help you get well.
Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on April 15th, 2013
Published on AddictionHope.com, Online Addiction & Abuse Resources