Do You or Someone You Love Need Paxil Treatment?
Anyone who abuses drugs will create an addiction to that drug, and someone will develop a Paxil addiction when they abuse Paxil (chemically known as paroxetine). There is primarily a psychological addiction that is produced when abusing paroxetine, but there are physical withdrawal symptoms that will be experienced as well. Some of the signals and symptoms of a Paxil addiction that may be demonstrated include suicidal thoughts, diarrhea, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, nausea, nightmares, confused thinking, depression, homicidal thoughts, dizziness and feelings of electricity in the body. Recognizing these cues can help determine if a person is abusing Paxil and needs to enter a Paxil treatment center.
The road to recovery from a Paxil addiction is fraught with difficultly and turbulence. it is a complex and precarious journey and should not be traveled alone. There are people, such as loved ones, that want to help. There are also professionals such as outpatient therapists and Paxil rehab center that are able to help.
Look back and see how the Paxil addiction is ruining your life. See how the Paxil dependency is destroying your relationships with friends and family. The results of abusing Paxil are also negatively affecting your career and financial stability. Take the first and essential step and admit you have trouble with a Paxil addiction, and then seek help. Your loved ones want to help. In addition, there are Paxil treatment facilities and licensed counselors are prepared to aid you as well. You may know a person struggling with a Paxil addiction. Reach out to them and offer them your care and support. Let the person understand how much trouble and hurt the Paxil addiction is causing everyone around them. Help the user get into a Paxil addiction program. Assist them in recognizing that you care and want to help them beat this disease.
Paxil Addiction Rehab Centers
Often, you or your loved one needs assistance in finding help. The Paxil detox programs listed in this directory have been carefully evaluated by Addiction Hope. We understand the importance of working with an all-inclusive and accredited Paxil rehabilitation center to help in the road to recovery.
Treatment Plan for Paxil Addiction
There are multiple factors that are key in the recovery process. Developing a plan of action for ending a Paxil addiction is most important. A Paxil rehabilitation team needs to be created. This team will consist of a licensed counselor, a Paxil treatment center, loved ones and a support group.
- Ask your loved ones – Your friends and family want to help and need to help. They are an important component in the Paxil addiction recovery process.
- See a licensed therapist – A licensed therapist provides a required personal interaction that can help beat the Paxil addiction. They will assist in creating an individualized Paxil treatment program and interface with a Paxil treatment center.
- Search for a Paxil treatment facility – A Paxil detox program will assist with working through any physical or psychological withdrawal symptoms that arise.
- Locate a support group – The support group element plays a vital role in maintaining abstinence. They provide accountability, support and guidance in preventing a relapse into a Paxil addiction.
Paxil Abuse Treatment Levels
There are multiple treatment levels that are available to help overcome a Paxil addiction. Often, a Paxil dependency co-occurs with other serious disorders such as mood disorders, eating disorders, or additional substance abuse. This is why professional care is needed. More extensive programs include inpatient programs, residential treatment centers, intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and partial hospitalization programs; these levels of care are typically recommended only after trying lower levels or care, or for severe cases where immediate stabilization may be required. Normally, the more often used treatment levels include:
- Outpatient care – Outpatient programs are similar to IOPs but they allow the patient more freedom to carry on with their daily lives. Outpatient programs still implement personal paroxetine treatment and group sessions.
- Support groups – Support groups will play a significant part in prevailing over a Paxil addiction. They provide help, accountability, and support in dealing with the traps that are inherent while recovering from a Paxil addiction.
Types of Therapy for Paxil Addiction Treatment
The foremost type of treatment for Paxil addiction is behavior modification. A dependable Paxil addiction rehab facility will address any psychological addictions as well as any physical withdrawal symptoms that may be experienced. A few of these therapies are listed:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – DBT introduces mindful awareness and stress management components into the standard behavioral therapies like CBT.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is a treatment program that deals with maladaptive thinking patterns in order to affect the patient’s behavior in a more encouraging manner. It also helps the patient replace negative coping skills with positive coping skills.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – ACT is a type of cognitive behavioral therapy that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies combined in various ways with commitment and behavior-change strategies, to increase mental and emotional flexibility.
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – IPT concentrates on the interpersonal relations and social roles using a short-term supportive psychotherapy. IPT tries to help patients find better ways to handle and deal with existing issues or problems. There are four basic areas identified by IPT. They are unresolved grief, role disputes, role changes, and relationship shortcomings.
- Supportive Programs – Programs like a 12 step program show great success in helping overcome addictions. It also includes support groups, group therapy, family therapy, etc.
When the decision is made to stop a Paxil addiction, it needs to be understood that the process to quit is tremendously difficult. The road to recovery is hard. It is demanding and necessitates perseverance. It takes endurance, sacrifice, time, dedication and energy to defeat a Paxil addiction. Take the most significant step and acknowledge there is a problem and ask for help. Paxil treatment facilities are available to help with the healing, but it begins by admitting there is a problem.
Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on April 15th, 2013
Published on AddictionHope.com, Online Help for Drug Abuse