Addiction Hope provides information, education and encouragement to those suffering from a drug or alcohol dependency, their friends and family, and substance abuse treatment providers.
The articles offered on this page have been made available to Addiction Hope by professionals in the field of substance and alcohol addiction in order to promote recovery.
Our Recommended Marijuana Articles:
- The views of marijuana being simply a drug for stoners are changing as laws governing the drug are becoming more relaxed, and marijuana is more acceptable as a means of relief in the medical community. The legality, uses, scrutiny and future of marijuana are changing.
- As the nation navigates the murky waters of medical marijuana, many people remain confused: why use marijuana when there are other, legal options to treat these ailments? There appears no easy answer – proponents of medical marijuana claim marijuana’s efficacy far surpasses that of traditional therapeutic approaches.
- The topic of legalizing marijuana has sparked enormous controversy across the country, with many states examining and debating legislation supporting this issue. The recreational and medical use of marijuana have been discussed and disputed in the general public and among health professionals as well. As some states are moving towards legalizing marijuana, potential risks and benefits are being heavily weighed.
- Understanding the possible implications of legalizing marijuana is extremely important. Recent research has exposed how marijuana use may predispose offspring to drug addiction. In a study completed at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, parental exposure to marijuana and the effects it has on the offspring in adulthood was studied.
- In the first-ever global survey of illicit drug abuse, the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington found marijuana to be the most widely used illegal drug worldwide, but the most deaths are caused by addiction to prescription painkillers, such as Vicodin and Oxycontin.
- What exactly is marijuana? Marijuana is a psychoactive drug made with dried leaves and other parts of the Cannabis plant. When the leaves of the Cannabis plant are dried, it is then rolled into a cigarette, a pipe, a hookah, bong or a vaporizer and smoked. Out of all the illegal drugs, marijuana is the most commonly used. Learn more about marijuana, its affects, and addiction.
Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on June 5, 2014
Published on AddictionHope.com, Resources for Marijuana Addiction & Abuse