Do You or Someone You Love Need Klonopin Treatment?
Developing a Klonopin addiction is a sad and terrible thing to happen. It can take control of the user’s life and it knows no boundaries. A Klonopin dependency does not discriminate. It can affect the rich and poor, male or female, young or old. Klonopin abuse can be triggered by and co-occurring with other drugs (alcohol, sedatives, marijuana, heroin, etc), mood disorders (severe depression, paranoia, etc.) or trauma (sexual abuse, physical abuse, etc.) Klonopin (chemically known as Clonazepam) is an anticonvulsant, hypnotic, sedative and muscle relaxant that is in the benzodiazepine class of drugs. It stays in the body an abnormally lengthy amount of time, roughly 18–50 hours, and it is both psychologically and physically addictive. Klonopin is a dangerous depressant that affects the central nervous system. There are some typical signs of abuse that can expose a Klonopin addiction. Some of the symptoms will include euphoria, amnesia, drowsiness, aggression, impaired coordination, loss of libido, and confusion. If these warning signs are observed, seek the professional help of a Klonopin treatment center or a psychologist.
Understanding the need for help for a Klonopin addiction is incredibly important. The road to recovery is complicated to navigate which makes ending a Klonopin addiction exceedingly difficult to accomplish. This will be an exceptionally difficult journey and should not be done alone. The person who has chosen to stop an addiction must be committed to the process and persist through the highs and lows that are an inherent part of this rough path. The support of loved ones, a licensed counselor, and a Klonopin addiction center are imperative in the recovery process as these are the elements that are needed to overcome the addiction.
Dealing with a Klonopin addiction is tough. Confronting the addiction and admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. If you are struggling with a Klonopin addiction and want to quit, then take the most essential step of your life and admit you have a problem and ask for help. Take time to look back on how the Klonopin is controlling and ruining your life. What is it costing you to maintain the addiction? Evaluate the effect the addiction is having on your relationships, career, finances, health, etc. then seek the guidance of a professional counselor, loved ones, or a Klonopin treatment program. If you are the loved one of an addict, gently approach the person to start the discussion to begin recovery for the Klonopin addiction. Discuss their addiction with them, and let them know you are there to help. Keep in mind that the disease is controlling the person’s life and that they may reject they have a Klonopin dependency. Let them know you care, and you will assist them through to sobriety. Professional help is needed. Help them find it so they can beat the Klonopin addiction.
Klonopin Rehab Centers
The treatment programs listed in this directory have been carefully evaluated by Addiction Hope. We believe this resource can help you navigate through the various Klonopin rehabilitation choices. We understand the importance of working with an all-inclusive and accredited drug addiction treatment centers to help in the road to recovery.
Treatment Plan for Klonopin Addiction
To overcome a Klonopin addiction, a treatment plan should be developed. The treatment plan will consist of four components, which are loved ones, a Klonopin treatment program, a counselor, and a support group. The recovery process will rely greatly on all four functioning as one team.
- Loved ones – Loved ones will play a significant part in the recovery process and cannot be undervalued. They are an important component in the Klonopin addiction recovery process.
- Licensed counselor – A licensed counselor will be able to create a personalized Klonopin treatment program. They will assist in gathering additional resources and entering a Klonopin treatment center.
- Klonopin detoxification program – A Klonopin detoxification program will boost the ability to successfully beat a Klonopin addiction. It will also assist in addressing any ongoing co-occurring issues.
- Continuing groups of support – The motivation and accountability provided by a support group is invaluable. They will provide assistance when facing the trials of preventing a relapse. They will be important in assisting to continue abstinence.
Klonopin Treatment Levels
There are various treatment levels that can be utilized to overcome a Klonopin addiction. Klonopin rehabilitation center can provide multiple levels of care, type and intensity to overcome a Klonopin addiction. The initial rehab level will be determined by the addiction intensity, and any other co-occurring disorders that are going on at the same time. These various treatment levels may be sought out when a Klonopin addiction is ongoing with other serious mood disorders, substance abuse, or eating disorders:
- Hospital Care (Inpatient) – The highest care level, when 24 hour supervision is required. Hospitals focus on the most serious cases where the patient cannot function by themselves because of drug dependence or medical issues, with a goal of getting them healthy enough to exit the hospital in a few weeks’ time.
- Residential Treatment Center (RTC) – This kind of facility provides the patient an extended overnight stay for 30 to 90 days. These centers will generally operate holistically and address the multiple needs of the patient.
- Partial Hospitalization Level of Care (PHP) – This level of care is conducted in a residential center or hospital and incorporates group and individual therapies. It normally goes five days a week either all morning or all afternoon, but there are some PHPs that will go Monday through Friday, 9 to 5.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Level (IOP) – This level of outpatient care provides intense assistance and individual services but does not use detoxification. It allows the addict to continue in some of their normal daily activities such as work, and then they can participate in a program either early in the morning or later in the evening.
- Outpatient Level of Care – This level of outpatient care is much like an IOP but not as intense. Group sessions and individual therapy are still incorporated, while there are fewer restraints on personal movement.
- Groups of Support – Support groups provide supervision and direction to prevent relapse. They provide accountability and understanding as the members have all gone through similar situations.
Types of Therapy for Klonopin Addiction Treatment
As of now, there are no medication based treatments for Klonopin addiction. The most effective way to combat Klonopin dependency is to incorporate multiple therapies. Often, a Klonopin treatment center will implement various types of therapy to aid someone who is trying to stop a Klonopin addiction. It is common for a Klonopin detoxification center to implement a combination of behavior modification therapies that will focus on the psychological issues for someone reliant on Klonopin. Some included treatments are:
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – The level of therapy provided by IPT centers upon the interpersonal connections and community functions utilizing brief supportive treatment and also tries to assist the person to better resolve existing situations and troubles. IPT identifies role disputes, unresolved grief, relationship shortcomings, and role changes as the four basic areas.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – This category of rehabilitation is designed to work on a patient’s maladaptive ways of thinking as a way influencing their behavior with an approach that is more positive. It in turn aids the person in replacing unconstructive coping skills with more constructive ones.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – This level of rehab integrates the common behavioral therapy components of IBT and CBT for the regulation of emotions. It combines the stress management and mindful awareness parts of the therapies into the DBT therapy.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – This type of cognitive behavioral treatment uses mindfulness and acceptance approaches mixed in multiple ways with strategies of commitment and behavior-change. This should enhance the emotional and mental flexibility.
- Supportive Programs – Groups much like the 12 step programs Cocaine Anonymous (CA) and Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) are included in this type of treatment. It also consists of group therapy, support groups, family therapy, etc.
There are many trials and troubles to be expected when you decide to regain control of your life and make a stand against a Klonopin addiction. It is an incredibly difficult road to traverse. Take the first step to get the help you need to beat the Klonopin dependency. Admit you cannot control the problem and seek help from the friends and family around you. Also, seek the support of a Klonopin addiction treatment center and a professional counselor. The road is hard and full of challenges, but with the assistance of the addiction team, the Klonopin dependency can be defeated. Ask for help because you are worth the investment to take your life back.
Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on April 15th, 2013
Published on AddictionHope.com, Addiction & Abuse Assistance