Do You or Someone You Love Need Effexor Treatment?
An Effexor addiction can be developed when someone continuously abuses the drug. Effexor (chemically known as venlafaxine) is regarded as physically non-addictive, but a dependency on Effexor can be created through continued abuse. When dealing with an Effexor addiction, a person can expect to deal with some harmful side effects. When a person tries to stop abusing the drug, they more than likely will experience withdrawal symptoms. In addition to the physical symptoms, there will be psychological withdrawal effects as well. Some of the consequences experienced are stomach cramps, increased risk of suicide, erectile dysfunction, memory problems, sexual dysfunction, hallucinations, dizziness, depression, nausea, confused thinking and insomnia. If someone is experiencing an Effexor addiction, then they need to find help from an Effexor addiction treatment center.
Admitting there is an Effexor addiction is tremendously difficult because there must be a confession that Effexor has complete control over the person’s life. The decision to stop this addiction is a hard one to make because dedication and determination are required to succeed. It is unwise to take on this battle alone. The support of loved ones is definitely needed, as is a licensed counselor and an Effexor rehabilitation facility.
Are you dealing with an Effexor addiction? If so, then reflect for a moment on how the addiction is running your life. Take note of the destruction that is thrust upon your relationships with loved ones. Not only can your Effexor addiction destroy your relationships, it can also ruin your profession and your financial stability. Begin the healing today, admit there is a problem, and then ask for help. Talk to your loved ones about receiving their support. Enter an Effexor treatment center, find a licensed therapist, and join a support group. Do you know someone dealing with an Effexor addiction? Reach out to them in a gentle and caring manner. Let them know they are loved and you will help. Assist them in finding an Effexor detoxification facility. Help them realize how much hurt has been caused by abusing Effexor. Get them to understand that the Effexor addiction can be defeated, and you are there to help.
Effexor Rehab Centers Directory
Often, you or your loved one needs assistance in finding help. The Effexor treatment centers listed in this directory have been carefully evaluated by Addiction Hope. We understand the importance of working with an all-inclusive and accredited Effexor addiction treatment program to help in the road to recovery.
Treatment Plan for Effexor Addiction
To overcome an Effexor addiction, a treatment plan should be created. The treatment plan will consist of four components, which are loved ones, an Effexor treatment program, a counselor, and a support group. The recovery process will rely greatly on all four functioning as one team.
- Loved ones – Loved ones will play a significant part in the recovery process and cannot be undervalued. They will provide support and help when recovery and treatment gets hard.
- Professional counselor – A professional counselor will be able to create a personalized Effexor rehab program, and arrange to enter an Effexor treatment facility.
- Effexor detoxification program – An Effexor detoxification program will help increase the odds for successfully beating an Effexor addiction.
- Support group – A support group can provide accountability and guidance when facing the trials of preventing a relapse. They will be important in assisting to continue abstinence.
Treatment Levels for Effexor Addiction
There are several other severe disorders such as mood disorders, eating disorders, or additional substance abuse that will co-occur with an Effexor addiction. Fighting another addiction or eating disorder makes it harder to deal with an Effexor addiction. There are several levels of treatment provided by an Effexor treatment facility to assist in stopping an addiction. They range from residential treatment centers, intensive outpatient programs (IOP), partial hospitalization programs, and inpatient programs. Normally, these levels of care are usually more than what is required to defeat an Effexor addiction unless other co-occurring disorders are present. Frequently used treatment levels are:
- Outpatient care – Outpatient programs are similar to IOPs but not as intense. There are fewer individual limits are placed on the patient, but personal venlafaxine treatment and group sessions are still applied.
- Support groups – Support groups provide relapse supervision and accountability. The guidance they offer is key in prevailing over an Effexor addiction.
Types of Therapy for Effexor Addiction Treatment
As with the multiple types of treatment, there are also many different types of therapy used in helping someone overcome an Effexor addiction. Commonly, an Effexor treatment facility will apply a blend of behavior modification therapies. The center of these therapies is to focus on the psychological factors of an Effexor addiction. Some of the treatments included are:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – DBT introduces mindful awareness and stress management components into the standard behavioral therapies like CBT.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – ACT is a type of cognitive behavioral therapy that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies combined in various ways with commitment and behavior-change strategies, to increase mental and emotional flexibility.
- Supportive Programs – Programs like a 12 step program show great success in helping overcome addictions. It also includes support groups, group therapy, family therapy, etc.
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – IPT concentrates on the interpersonal relations and social roles using a short-term supportive psychotherapy. IPT tries to help patients find better ways to handle and deal with existing issues or problems. There are four basic areas identified by IPT. They are unresolved grief, role disputes, role changes, and relationship shortcomings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is a meth treatment program that deals with maladaptive thinking patterns in order to affect the patient’s behavior in a more encouraging manner. It also helps the patient replace negative coping skills with positive coping skills.
Find an Effexor treatment facility to aid with recovery. They are trained to help maintain the commitment, enthusiasm, sacrifice, energy, and time required to beat an Effexor addiction. It is a difficult road filled with successes and failures. An Effoxor treatment program may help level out the road. Remember that it is never to late and the tha the first step is admitting there is a problem.
Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on April 1, 2014
Published on AddictionHope.com, Treatment Guide for Addictions