Do You or Someone You Love Need Treatment for a Demerol Addiction?
If you or a loved one is suffering with an addiction to Demerol, you may have reached the point where help is desired. Are you overwhelmed with the physical, emotional, or psychological consequences that may have resulted from your addiction? An accredited Demerol treatment center can help you through the recovery process, but in order to get to this point, it is necessary to take the first step and recognize the problem at hand. Demerol addicts will reveal particular signs and symptoms that indicate the severity of the problem, such as physical complications or emotional disturbances. A Demerol addiction might be further complicated by other problematic disorders, such as an eating or mood disorder. These diseases can be interrelated with unresolved trauma or other psychological issues.
A Demerol addiction is a problematic issue that should be addressed through the support of a Demerol rehab center. Though the journey towards recovery from Demerol is both difficult and challenging, having the help of a specialized treatment facility can offer the support needed for the healing process.
Demerol Rehab Centers Directory
At Addiction Hope, we understand how confusing the process of finding a reliable treatment center for Demerol can be. For this reason, we have established a directory with carefully compiled Demerol rehabilitation centers. Please utilize this helpful tool when deciding on a treatment center for overcoming a Demerol addiction that would be best suited for you and your unique needs.
Treatment Plan for a Demerol Addiction
A multi-faceted treatment plan will include a Demerol addiction treatment center, a qualified therapist, and supportive friends and family. This will be the core of an effective treatment plan that will be vital for the addict overcoming Demerol dependency.
- Ask for help – Start with family and friends as they will be a vital part in overcoming an addiction. They can be the support and motivator for recovery.
- Licensed counselor – A licensed counselor will be able to create a personalized Demerol treatment program. They are also important in making the arrangements to enter a Demerol treatment facility.
- Demerol addiction rehab program – A Demerol detox program will help increase the odds for successfully overcoming a Demerol addiction. They will use various treatment strategies to tackle any other co-occurring addictions.
- Continuing groups of support – The motivation and accountability provided by a support group is invaluable. A support group can offer supervision when facing relapse scenarios. They will play a key role in ongoing abstinence.
Demerol Addiction Treatment Levels
The severity of a Demerol addiction and the inclusion of any co-occurring disorders will be factored in when determining the initial level of treatment needed for recovery. The following are the most common levels of treatment for Demerol addiction, in order of acuteness:
- Hospitalization Treatment / Inpatient – Inpatient offers hospital care 24 hours a day. This level of detox is designed for medical stabilization so the patient can be moved to a Demerol residential treatment center for continued care.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) – This type of outpatient program offers group and individual services and assistance, and it does not rely on detoxification. It allows the addict to continue in some of their normal daily activities such as work, and then they can participate in a program either early in the morning or later in the evening.
- Outpatient Treatment Care – This type of care is comparable to an Intensive Outpatient Program but less intense. It places fewer limits on the person but still implements both group and personal therapies.
- Support Group Programs – The support made available by the group is crucial in beating a drug dependency. They give the patient acceptance without condemnation as the members have all walked the same road.
Types of Treatment for Demerol Abuse
Demerol addictions can be treated effectively with a two-step based plan. This includes medication to help a man or woman wean off the drug safely and behavioral treatment to heal from any underlying causes associated with the addiction. Medical detox is the process of using medication in the detoxification process in an attempt to bypass the major side effects of withdrawal. In some instances, it is necessary to utilize medication to assist a person through the withdrawal effects. The following are the types of medications used to assist in the detoxification process from Demerol:
- Nalaxone – Counteractions of Demerol overdose can be experienced. The undoing of an opioid overdose can be accomplished by it.
- Naltrexone – This treatment works by blocking the opioid receptors in the brain. It has the potential for abuse.
- Methadone – It is a successful part of Demerol dependence treatment. The imitation effects of Demerol help the patient maintain abstinence.
Types of Therapy for Demerol Addiction
Medications are often a necessary part of the detox process from Demerol but are even more effective in conjunction with behavioral therapies. By focusing on addressing underlying issues that may have influenced the progression of the addiction, behavioral therapies are helpful in identifying and treating the root cause of the addiction; these therapies may be practiced by an outpatient provider or in a treatment center setting. The following are common types of behavioral therapies used alongside medicinal treatments for a Demerol addiction:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – This type of therapy deals with maladaptive patterns of thought in an effort to influence the patient’s conduct with a more constructive approach. It in turn aids the person in replacing unconstructive coping skills with more constructive ones.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – DBT uses the standard behavioral therapies like CBT and IPT for emotion regulation. It introduces mindful awareness and stress management components into the therapy.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – ACT is a form of cognitive behavioral therapy that implements commitment and behavior-change strategies by combining acceptance and mindfulness strategies in several different ways. This should enhance the patient’s emotional and mental flexibility.
- Supportive Programs – This type of therapy includes 12 step programs such as Marijuana Anonymous (MA) and Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Family therapy, group therapy, support groups, etc. are some additional examples of supportive programs.
The ultimate path to recovery from a Demerol addiction is not easy. While treatment for a Demerol addiction might last longer than expected or desired, always keep in mind the end goal, and know that regardless of the length of time needed, you are doing what is necessary to regain your life. There is nothing more valuable than your own life and wellness, and you are worthy of recovery and freedom. At Addiction Hope, we believe that recovery can be possible for anyone, no matter how impossible it may seem. We encourage you to take the first step towards recovery by accessing our resources to find a Demerol treatment facility today.
Last Updated & Reviewed By: Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC on March 27, 2014
Published on AddictionHope.com, Drug Abuse Treatment Directory