Do You or Someone You Love Need Cocaine Treatment?
Are you in need of help to defeat cocaine dependence? This is a dreadful sickness that is tough to conquer. Cocaine addiction, like all addictions, will destroy the sufferer’s life. There are no boundaries it will not cross. The cocaine addiction’s purpose is to destroy, and it does. However, being addicted to cocaine, the user will exhibit some symptoms of abuse that will expose the habit. The user will be unusually talkative, have constant nose bleeds, dilated pupils, there will be an increased sense of elation and joy, and the person may exhibit restlessness. Anyone who uses and abuses cocaine is subject to developing an addiction, and it does not matter who the individual is, their stature in life, their ethnicity, their religion, their sex or their age. Some sort of trauma or mood disorder can trigger cocaine abuse, and it can co-occur with other drugs or behavioral issues. It is wise to seek a cocaine addiction treatment center to help surmount this disease.
It is exceptionally vital to understand that there is a need for help to prevail over a cocaine addiction. This trek to sobriety will be marred with victories and setbacks, and the journey should be done with friends and family supporting you. a very difficult journey and should not be done alone. It is essential that a professional cocaine addiction center be sought to help with the healing.
Facing and admitting to a cocaine addiction is tough. The primal step in recovery is confronting the addiction and confessing you have are dependent on cocaine. Assess the damage and toll the dependency is taking on your life long relationships, profession, finances, wellbeing, etc. then inquire about a cocaine detoxification center and a professional psychotherapist. If you are the loved one of an addict, approach that person in a gentle manner so that you can begin a discussion about defeating the cocaine addiction. Take into account the person’s reaction. Share how the addiction has affectedyou. Reflect on the disease that is controlling the person’s life, and know that they may deny their dependency on cocaine. Remember that this will be a long and difficult road to recovery.
Cocaine Rehab Centers Directory
Addiction Hope wishes that anyone suffering from cocaine addiction will seek out help. This is the reason we have built up and carefully reviewed these cocaine addiction treatment facilities and integrated them into this directory. This valuable resource can facilitate your navigation and evaluation of well-respected cocaine treatment centers. Addiction Hope hopes you will find the support and healing you deserve from one of these treatment sources.
Treatment Plan for Cocaine Addiction
The cocaine addict requires the help of loved ones, professionals, a cocaine addiction-healing program, and a group for support. These components are the cocaine rehab team, and they all play a critical role in acquiring sobriety from cocaine addiction.
- Ask for help – You have to ask for help. Sometimes it may need to start with a friend then asking the family for a helping hand. These loved ones are capable of playing a central task in the recovery process.
- Find a therapist – A psychotherapist trained in cocaine addiction will generate a cocaine detox plan specialized for the sufferer. As well as seek out additional resources required for treatment.
- Find a cocaine rehabilitation program – A cocaine detoxification center can help the individual deal with so many different aspects of the cocaine dependency. They can help with the withdrawal and they can address any co-occurring issues. They will also help the addict to work on any physical or psychological concerns that may be a result of quitting the use of cocaine.
- Engage in support groups and ongoing therapy – Continued therapy is an important part of remaining sober. These group members can offer support and advice when the person suffering is backsliding.
Treatment Levels for Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine addiction can be treated through various methodologies and treatment levels. The type of treatment and intensity level required is based on the addiction severity, and if there are co-occurring disorders. Some rehabilitation levels include:
- Inpatient – Inpatient treatment is hospital care. This type of treatment is primarily for medical stabilization. It works to help strengthen the patient as well as aid in the withdrawal process.
- Residential center (RTC) – An RTC is a 24/7, 30 to 90 day rehab facility. They concentrate on the well being of the sufferer and any psychological and/or physical issues he or she may have developed.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) – A PHP is normally in a hospital or RTC environment. The patient participates in group and individual psychoanalysis sessions. This treatment is in general five days a week either throughout the morning or throughout the afternoon.
- Transitional living centers (TLC) – TLCs offer a low cost living solution for patients that have recently completed an RTC or inpatient curriculum. It is a temporary resolution where living necessities are supplied.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) – The IOP presents intense therapy without having to be housed 24 hours a day. The individual can carry on some semblance of a normal life while attending group and individual services. IOP sessions are normally held in the morning or afternoon hours.
- Outpatient care – Outpatient programs are comparable to IOPs but not as rigorous. The patient still interfaces with group and individual therapy conferences. The patient is given more freedoms with fewer restraints.
- Support groups – Support groups help the recovering addict to share what they are going through with others that have walked a similar path. They offer support and guidance. Cocaine Anonymous (CA) is one example of a support group dedicated to cocaine rehab, while other groups allow members of differing drug abuse types.
Types of Therapy for Cocaine Addiction
Medication based treatments for cocaine dependency are not available at the present time, but there are some promising solutions in the near future. A successful way to treat cocaine addiction is to implement several different therapies. These therapeutic approaches are usually provided by cocaine treatment centers. Some of the different therapy styles include:
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – Interpersonal relations are the focus of IPT as they work with the patient on learning how to better tackle situations, problems or issues. IPT also addresses four basic areas identified by IPTwhich are unresolved grief, role disputes, role changes, and relationship shortcomings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is a cocaine treatment therapy that works on the negative thinking patterns so the patient can modify their behavior in a more positive manner. Negative coping skills are switched with positive ones.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – DBT uses the standard behavioral therapies like CBT and introduces mindful awareness and stress management components into the therapy.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – ACT implements an acceptance and mindfulness strategy that employs multiple ways to change behavior in a positive manner and augment their mental and emotional elasticity.
- Supportive Programs – These are programs like the 12 step program Cocaine Anonymous (CA). It also includes support groups, group therapy, family therapy, etc.
Recovery is hard to attain and there are many setbacks along the way. It is a path of mountains and valleys, and you have to be committed to do everything it takes to become sober. Addiction Hope has accumulated an extensive list of well respected treatment centers that are willing to help you or a loved one. Take advantage of these resources and let the healing begin. We know you are worth it.